Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How do I highlight my hair blue?

My hair is a fairly light shade of blonde all over, so it is already bleached so I won't have to worry about that step. I want it to last a few weeks to maybe a month or so, but I want it to wash out eventually on its own. Would that be a semi-permanant color? Which brand of color should I use? Preferabley something I could just pick up at Sally's.





Also, I was thinking only doing the underneath layers (close to the nape of my neck) or maybe a few streaks through my bangs and around the face, not all over highlights. Which do you think would look cuter? (pictures at myspace.com/ewtina)





I have highlighted my hair pink before, but I think that is different because it faded out after a few washes, so I had to redo it constantly.How do I highlight my hair blue?
When you visit Sally Beauty, look for Complements Blue Intensifier. Mix it with 20 volume creme developer like Pure White. (equal parts color to developer). Foil or weave this into your hair to create a blue deposit. Leave it in for 30 minutes and you will have deposited blue highlights in your hair.





If you are not comfortable with the foil/weave technique, just pull your blonde hair thru a highlighting cap, apply the blue mixture on top of the cap.





For something a little more temporary, pull your hair thru the cap and add Jazzing Mood Indigo. You don't have to add developer. Below are some links to these haircolors.





I highly recommend doing a test strand on one piece of your hair to see if you like the outcome, before you do your entire head.How do I highlight my hair blue?
the question is, do you really want to do such a thing? ...
if you have light hair, i'd go to a professional to get it highlighted blue. because if you try to do it at home, the highlights will turn green. greens cool, but not if you wanted it to be blue. so go to a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment