Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Running Windows XP, all shortcuts are highlighted blue. How do I turn it off?

Hi, I'm my teachers tech support at the high school that I go to, but she has a problem that I can't solve. All her icons are highlighted as if she had clicked one and hit ctrl-A (select all). I haven't been able to get rid of this no matter what I try. It's been like this for a few months now. Any help?Running Windows XP, all shortcuts are highlighted blue. How do I turn it off?
controll panel. Display then click desktop. then NoneRunning Windows XP, all shortcuts are highlighted blue. How do I turn it off?
I have never heard of this problem.





My first thought was to use System Restore, however, it has been quite a while since this problem started. I believe that system restore will only go back 2 months. If you think it has been less than the 2 month period then it is worth a try. Otherwise, I would run the disc error checking tool:





Detecting and repairing disk errorsYou can use the Error-checking tool to check for file system errors and bad sectors on your hard disk.





Open My Computer, and then select the local disk you want to check.


On the File menu, click Properties.


On the Tools tab, under Error-checking, click Check Now.


Under Check disk options, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.





The third option I would try: Reinstall the Windows CD and have it run in the repair mode and see what happens.





Good Luck!
  • prevention
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment