Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do I put Blue or Purple highlights in my hair?

My hair is light to medium brown and I REALLY want to dye it purple or blue but I only want foils or highlights!How do I put Blue or Purple highlights in my hair?
First, you're going to have to dye your hair SHEET white on the areas that you're wanting to dye blue or purple. That's the only way the pigmentation in the dye will truly cling to your hair. If you dye on top of the existing brown hair, the color will not only hold, but will look a bit ';muddy';.








Be prepared, though. Colors like these require a lot of maintenance as they fade fairly quickly. Invest in a deep conditioner.How do I put Blue or Purple highlights in my hair?
well, with brown hair you can't just put the color in on it's own. because, since brown hair is so dark, the color will barely show up. it's like it you try to but a light blue marker over a brown marker. the brown is a stronger color. so, you will need to bleach wherever you want the color to be, first. you can buy a bleach at your nearest Sally's. ask one of the women who work there for their prefrence. they usually are hair stylist/beauticians, so they will know exactly what to give you. then, choose a color of dye and put it over the bleached part of your hair. that way, the color will be stronger and bold. good luck :)
I always do the chunks of color. I've dyed my whole head pink once though, that was fun. Anyhow, get some bleach and bleach out a chunk you want. Wash it out and wait a day for your oils to come back and all...or you dont have to wait, but I do. Then find some cool color....I use Manic Panic Hair dye, look up their website, I love it. and just do the same thing, making sure not to get the dye anywhere else but where you want it! I always just wrap the chunk in foil and let it sit til I wash my hair out. Good Luck!
to make the color show best,


you're going to need to pick the streaks you want


to be blue or purple and bleach them blonde first, and


then put the blue or purple in after that (in the same streaks)


it'll show the color alot better!
Go to a hair salon and ask (: They'll highlight it for you. I know it costs more, but it's better that way. Salons are much better quality than if you do it yourself.


I hope I helped (:


~Elaina
Use manic panic for your highlights, i've used it and the colors don't fade and they are the most vibrant...hot topic sells it and its also cheap
go to da hairr salonn lmaoo... buhh if yu wntt to doo it byy urselff denn go to hott topicc by da dyee nd follow da directionss kk :)
if you have brown hair you're going to have to bleach the section you're trying to highlight first.
Hair salons. Or they sell it at Sallys Beauty..
PURPLE?


BLUE?





okay ........................................…








Just do whatever you want
go to the hair salon and ask if they can highlight your hair.....

No comments:

Post a Comment