Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What do you think of blue/platinum highlights at work?

I work in a professional setting (healthcare) and I am considering getting some thin blue highlights with face framing platinum over my black hair. I know it sounds edgy, but that's what I want while at the same time being tasteful at work. I have black hair, the style is a bob and I just wanted to glam it up. Please share your honest opinions. Do any of you have edgy colors/styles and work in a professional setting? I don't care what my co-workers think, I don't want to cross the line with our execs whom I work with.What do you think of blue/platinum highlights at work?
If your work dress code allows it and you are subtle about the highlights you might be able to pull that off in the work setting. Just make it thin and spaced apart far enough to keep it from making people only notice your hair so they still look you in the face when you speak to them. Be careful about your timing for this change because you don't want to give the execs the wrong impression of being unprofessional, especially if you are coming up for a raise or if you are looking to switch rolls at your office anytime soon.What do you think of blue/platinum highlights at work?
Yeah I guess its good but if you ant it not that edgy but a bit you can get side swept bangs with the bob and the highlights on it or you can do it on the ends!
I think it sounds unprofessional.
Its a really cool style I have to agree, but in a setting like that it IS unprofessional.
I am older and acutally have done it. I have worked in healthcare for many years. Now have my own business and have thought about it again. However, my wardrobe is a bit preppy to pull it off. With dark hair both blue and red fade really fast. I don't know why. I have had it professionally done. My advice is go as deep as you can with the color. Yeah, work look at your environment do you think they are ultra conservative or a bit more with it
I think it should be fine as long as its not to loud. The platinum might be a little much. Just ask your self would you have worn it to the interview?
I think it would be pretty unprofessional and might hurt your status with your employers. Something I might suggest would be to get platinum blonde streaks or chunks all over your head. It's still fairly conservative and if it's done correctly can look very nice.
In a professional setting, blue and platinum is probably not appropriate. In my workplace, our dress code prohibits ';unnatural colors'; in our hair. I would check your dress code policy before making any changes to your hair
that doesn't seem professional to me. it would be wayyyy too much. you should try blonde or brown face framing highlights. that would look acceptable to me.
It is not professional.


Hairstyles like that at work make you look unstrustworthy.
i know that you want to be different, but in your profession, blue will not get you that big raise...glamming up a bob is easy! you have several choices when it comes to color..depending on if the black is a natural or previous color. go to a nearby salon.. you dont have to commit that day, just go talk to a professional and they will tell you what you need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment