Saturday, December 26, 2009

Would job interviewers think less of you if you had blue highlights in your hair (Male)?

So I'm talking to my parents about letting me get blue highlights. Their only excuse against it is I'm trying to get my first job this summer (I'm 15) and interviewers won't take me, or will think a lot less of me if I have blue highlights in my hair.





Is this true?Would job interviewers think less of you if you had blue highlights in your hair (Male)?
that is true, and that hair highlight will only unfavorably (definitely not favourably) affect your chance of getting hired, even though the impact varies from job to job (least impact if customers dont dont see you, and most if customers see u).





the bottom line is that if a few customers may not like it, that becomes a concern to your boss.





In general, businessmen are conservative in nature, and they dont want to offend any customers.Would job interviewers think less of you if you had blue highlights in your hair (Male)?
I think you're parents may need a chill pill and a reality check. Highlights, regardless of colour are an individuals self expression. Most employers are aware of the relevant anti discrimination laws and have probably seen just about everything there is to see in the way of people expressing themselves with body adornments and colours %26amp; probably wouldn't take very much notice of it at all.
Depends what job your applying for. I doubt they'd want someone with blue highlights serving behind a counter, in full veiw of the customers. However, if you were to apply for a shelf stacking job, out of view, i would say it would be acceptable. All depends on the interveiwer aswell, and his/hers personal opinion. To be safe, id wait until AFTER you get a job, that way if they sack you you can sue for unfair dismissal :)
it really depends on the job. if its a job like a telemarkerter or a call in service rep it may not matter that much, however if you are interviewing for a job working with people (like a resturant job) which being 15 thats probably the kind of job you'll get then blue hair will not go over well. Rule of thumb if its not a color found in nature then its a no go.
Because your so young and its just going to be a temporary job, I say NO. You would probably be busing tables or working in fast food, where they just flat out don't care and expect stuff like that from teenagers. Especially if your hair is black and the blue would be not so noticable. Now if your hair is blonde, that would be a little tricky.
If I am hiring you to work in a professional enviroment, I would frown on it. If you are working at a video rental place somewhere, it is not such a big deal. Though given a choice between someone with or someone without the hightlights, with the same qualifications, I would choose without.
I would not hire you. Blue hair shows immaturity and lack of judgment

No comments:

Post a Comment