Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How to remove blue highlights from behind desktop icon text?

I am not sure what happened ... but an incorrect keystroke somewhere has resulted in the attached text to my desktop icons (i.e. ';Recycle Bin';) now having blue squares or rectangles behind the white text. I really want to undo this! Anyone know how?How to remove blue highlights from behind desktop icon text?
No big deal.





- Right click on ';My PC'; (If it's not on you desktop, you should find it in your start menu). Click on ';Properties';.


- In the system properties window, click on the tab that says ';Advanced options';.


- The first square on the menu should say ';performance';. Click on the ';Configuration'; button.


- The first tab on the new window says ';Visual Effects';. Search for an entry that says ';Use shadows in desktop icons names';; make sure it's checked. Alternatively, you can check the line that says ';Let Windows choose the best configuration';; it will select the most common visual effects for your system.


- Click ';OK'; and you're done.





Some of the descriptions I'm writing may not be exactly as typed, I'm not running windows and I'm doing this from memory. But you'll find the actual entries easily.





Cheers.
  • prevention
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment